All journal entries and pictures contained within this blog are the property of the blog author, and may not be copied, reproduced, or used for any purpose without the consent of the blog author. If you are interested in using any of the information or images contained here, please leave a comment for the blog owner with a brief description of your project, and an email address where you can be contacted.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Wheelchair & Cardiology

We had Brynlee's wheelchair fitting last week. Overall, it went well. I was nervous about this wheelchair that we need to get because I am the one who is going to be lifting this thing everywhere, in and out of the car, up stairs, etc., but this wheelchair should turn out to be very manageable. It is fairly small and lightweight, and I think it will work for us. I hope that it will work for us. I let Brynlee pick the color of her chair, and she chose purple. Oh, but this isn't just any purple, it is light purple. I really hope that she likes this color for the next five years because our insurance will only pay for a wheelchair every five years, so that is how long we are going to be looking at this chair. It takes a little bit of time to get the insurance approval and to get the wheelchair, but they told me it should be ready in about 90 days.
 
Over the last few weeks we have received some fun presents for Brynlee. Her nursery teachers made these paper cranes for Brynlee (1,000 to be exact).
 


We also received Brynlee's pillowcase and her butterfly. She loves them both.
 



We had our cardiology consult. I didn't expect too much from this consultation. Mostly we were just hoping to rule out any problems with her heart. We've had trouble with Brynlee's heart rate dropping after sedation, and since this has happened on basically every medication that they use for sedation, it was decided that it was time to have cardiology formally evaluate Brynlee. The doctor doesn't expect there to be anything wrong with her heart, but he sent us home with a Holter monitor to wear for 24 hours to evaluate her heart a little bit more. She is such a trooper, and she doesn't even mess with it or try to pull it off. She does hate having her shirt taken off, however. He also recommended that she be given atropine before sedation to see if that helps her.
 

 
Scans are next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment