As I said in the previous post, we didn't have the results of Brynlee's MIBG scan when we met with the doctors on Wednesday. I wasn't too worried since the MRI was good, and I had seen the MIBG images and thought they looked good (which let's be honest, a lot lights up even though it's not cancer, so who knows how they read those things). So when Dr. Staddon left a message on Friday to call and discuss the MIBG results I honestly thought he was calling because he wanted to share some good news. I called back just in time before they closed for the weekend and Dr. Staddon was reading the results of the report to me, stable spots, the usual, etc., and then he said something about a new spot. What? It caught me off guard. He did say, however, that they could not find any correlating spot on the MRI and that it could be "artifact" or something from the scanner and not be anything or it could be the start of something new. Drs. Staddon and Fluchel were not really worried, however. Dr. Fluchel said if the MIBG showed something abnormal that we would scan sooner, but he left our scans for four months. So we will watch for symptoms and hope that it is nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment