I am back from my trip, and I realized that it has been awhile since I posted anything.
Go see my other blog if you want pictures and details on my trip to Italy. www.leonardliving.blogspot.com
Please feel free to ask for an invite. It is a private blog, but if I know you, I will give you an invite.
Anyway, for a quick update. Brynlee is doing well. It is business as usual. She is cutting about four teeth right now, so I am hoping that is the reason for her unusual fussiness. Otherwise, it is just therapy, therapy, and more therapy. I will try to get some pictures in the next post. The last few days have been crazy and don't appear to be slowing down soon.
Since I don't have anything exciting to post, I would like to ask for some help. First and foremost, thank you, thank you, thank you to the very generous donors who have already contributed to our Curesearch Walk team. I have been touched by your generosity and have no words to express what it means to me.
As for the walk, I need people! I need you to join my Curesearch team. You don't have to walk, although we would love the company, but I need virtual walkers. They only ask for $10 if you are over the age of 16. I am over halfway to my goal of raising $500 and am trying to figure out some ways to earn the money (any ideas anyone?), but so far my team consists of me, my kids, and my brother. If you can join us for the walk, that would be great, but anyone can be a virtual walker. Many of you have asked me how you can help, and this is one way that you can help as this is very important to me. I hope in the future that treatment of childhood cancer won't be such a horrific experience. Our side effects of treatment were minimal compared to most. Childhood cancers are the most undefunded group. Because of research, they have made some great advancements with childhood cancers. Many have great survival rates; however, there are still many types, including the high-risk neuroblastoma, that do not have great odds. Brynlee's doctor told me that 20 years ago someone like Brynlee would have had to endure chemotherapy, radiation, bone marrow transplant/stem cell rescue, and other treatments. Because of research, they have so much more knowledge and can categorize neuroblastoma based on age and the tumor biology, and Brynlee only needed chemotherapy (at least so far) and that might be all that she will ever need. There were at least three local kids who lost their lives within the last few weeks and I know of another one who is in his final days. I think that's too many.
Thank you for all of your love and support for our Brynlee! I heard yesterday that one of the little kids at church said that he prays for baby Brynlee when he was asked what he prays for, which that really means so much to me. Thank you!
As for the walk, I need people! I need you to join my Curesearch team. You don't have to walk, although we would love the company, but I need virtual walkers. They only ask for $10 if you are over the age of 16. I am over halfway to my goal of raising $500 and am trying to figure out some ways to earn the money (any ideas anyone?), but so far my team consists of me, my kids, and my brother. If you can join us for the walk, that would be great, but anyone can be a virtual walker. Many of you have asked me how you can help, and this is one way that you can help as this is very important to me. I hope in the future that treatment of childhood cancer won't be such a horrific experience. Our side effects of treatment were minimal compared to most. Childhood cancers are the most undefunded group. Because of research, they have made some great advancements with childhood cancers. Many have great survival rates; however, there are still many types, including the high-risk neuroblastoma, that do not have great odds. Brynlee's doctor told me that 20 years ago someone like Brynlee would have had to endure chemotherapy, radiation, bone marrow transplant/stem cell rescue, and other treatments. Because of research, they have so much more knowledge and can categorize neuroblastoma based on age and the tumor biology, and Brynlee only needed chemotherapy (at least so far) and that might be all that she will ever need. There were at least three local kids who lost their lives within the last few weeks and I know of another one who is in his final days. I think that's too many.
Thank you for all of your love and support for our Brynlee! I heard yesterday that one of the little kids at church said that he prays for baby Brynlee when he was asked what he prays for, which that really means so much to me. Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment