All journal entries and pictures contained within this blog are the property of the blog author, and may not be copied, reproduced, or used for any purpose without the consent of the blog author. If you are interested in using any of the information or images contained here, please leave a comment for the blog owner with a brief description of your project, and an email address where you can be contacted.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Big "R"

Brynlee's cancer has relapsed. At this point, it looks like it is just her main tumor that has started to grow again. The two spots in her liver were maybe a little bit more pronounced, but they weren't necessarily larger.
 
I have no words. It almost makes it a little bit worse having been through this before because we know how crappy it is, and I am not looking forward to going through it again.
 
We don't have an exact plan yet. They told us 2 to 6 rounds of chemo and most likely she will take Accutane after the chemo is finished for six months. They have to talk to the surgeon to see if he thinks he can biopsy the tumor again without putting her at significant risk and then we will get her line put back in and a bone marrow aspirate and will likely start chemo next week.
 
She still has a really good prognosis at this point and unless the biopsy shows anything different she will still be considered intermediate-risk neuroblastoma.
 
Here we go again...

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to see this :( You are such an amazing mother. I love reading this blog. your sweet family is certainly in our prayers and we are hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry! I can't even begin to imagine how you guys are feeling. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I don't know what to say other than CANCER SUCKS!!! I'm sorry. When you have a plan let us know, we'll do all we can to help. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear this. She is such a little cutie, we will keep you in our prayers...Leavitt family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Stephanie! It sounds so trite, but I am so sorry for you and your sweet little girl. It just doesn't seem fair for one so young to have to go through so much. She must be a very special spirit of or Heavenly Father! Thoughts and prayers are with you. If you ever need me to pick up Katelyn or Marissa from school or anything. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete