Brynlee will undergo surgery on Monday to place her Broviac, have a bone marrow aspirate, and attempt a biopsy. She will be admitted from surgery to the ICS unit where she will start her five days of chemotherapy.
We are often asked what we need. This may sound harsh, and we hope that we don't offend, but we don't know. Honestly, I don't want to think that hard of what I "need." We are numb. We need to have our child not have cancer. That is what we need. Everything else is just stuff to us. We have arrangements made for our other children, and we have the RS working hard on meals for our family for next week. Beyond that, might I suggest you read a favorite quote of mine from a talk called "Special Lessons" given by Elder Rasband in the April 2012 LDS General Conference. It says:
"If you come upon a person who is drowning, would you ask if they need help—or would it be better to just jump in and save them from the deepening waters? The offer, while well meaning and often given, “Let me know if I can help” is really no help at all."
"If you come upon a person who is drowning, would you ask if they need help—or would it be better to just jump in and save them from the deepening waters? The offer, while well meaning and often given, “Let me know if I can help” is really no help at all."
To be honest, as you can imagine this is a huge burden and a stress for us. It's not easy. We will face this burden every year of Brynlee's life. She is just going to be an emotionally and financially expensive child to raise, end of story. I was counseled the first time Brynlee went through this that I needed to allow others the opportunity to help me. We have probably been shouldering too much of this burden for far too long just trying to do it on our own. We have never wanted to be a burden on others, but we just might be a little bit broken down and not strong enough this time around to take it all on ourselves.
Thank you for your prayers.
Thank you for your support.
Thank you for your love and concern for Brynlee and our family.
I know we have never met, and are only connected through the crappy cancer world, but I want to let you know that I am praying. Everyday I have a prayer in my heart for your sweet Brynlee. You will do this, Brynlee will do this, just keep breathing, and know that there are people out there thinking, and praying, and sending good vibes to you and your sweet family. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteLove
Tara (Dylan's mom)