I just realized that it has been nearly a month since I posted anything on the blog. Well, basically we are just having a great summer. It hasn't been super adventurous, but when you are free from chemo and tubies sticking out of your body, it is a great summer! Am I right? Oh, and don't forget that we have not had to go to the PCMC since May 20th. I could be mistaken, but I think that this is the longest period of time in the last 2 years that we have not had to go to the hospital. In the past, we have had some sort of doctor appointment (rehab, orthopedics, etc.) sending us down there even when we were off of chemo/treatment. I don't know how all of our appointments lined up that we truly were able to get a 3-month break, during summertime even, but I will take it!
Brynlee is on her 3rd cycle of Accutane, so this means that we are almost halfway done with her Accutane treatment. Her MRI scan is coming up on the 15th, and we are optimistic and hoping that this scan will be good and stable. If by chance her tumors are growing again then our understanding is that we will have to do some more chemotherapy. I believe we still have the option of doing a few more cycles of chemo to get these tumors to behave before we have to switch to more aggressive treatment.
This is also our last call for any donations for one of our favorite charities, HopeKids. See my post below for details on why we love HopeKids.
Also, there is another great event coming up that our family will be volunteering at. Do you remember that awesome Giving Tree that our family was given a few months ago? We received this tree through Fight 2 The Finish, and the F2TF 5K is coming up on August 17th. This 5K will raise money so they can provide more Giving Trees to families like ours. There are teams that you can join or you can run/walk as an individual or just come and have breakfast. It should be a great event up at Weber State University. You can get more details at anythingforafriend.org.
Speaking of WSU and HopeKids, we went to a HopeKids activity the other night where we had the opportunity to meet the WSU head football coach, Jody Sears, and his lovely wife (they volunteer with HopeKids). Seriously, such a nice man. We spoke for a good 20 minutes about Brynlee and our family and, of course, football. Although we will always cheer for our Utah State Aggies when the two teams meet, we are wishing the WSU Wildcats football team a very successful upcoming football season!
No comments:
Post a Comment