All journal entries and pictures contained within this blog are the property of the blog author, and may not be copied, reproduced, or used for any purpose without the consent of the blog author. If you are interested in using any of the information or images contained here, please leave a comment for the blog owner with a brief description of your project, and an email address where you can be contacted.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

The First Week

Brynlee finished her first week at Now I Can, and we were both so happy to come home. She was so excited to see her sisters when we got home. I was sort of, for lack of a better word, uncomfortable about staying in Provo during the week and did not like being there, especially right before Christmas, so I decided to make the drive every day for the next two weeks. This time of year can be brutal with storms, so I am hoping that winter decides to come after the 21st when my travelling to Provo and SLC will be done.
 
I honestly can't believe that she made it through 4 hours of therapy each day, but she did. Brynlee worked so hard this week, and even though there were a lot of tears and she was very vocal at times about her situation, she made it through each day, and the therapists told me that she has made some improvements. I don't know everything that improved for Brynlee this week, but they did tell me that her muscle tone in her legs had increased and that she was responding very well to treatment. Sergio even told me he wanted to try to get her using crutches this next week. Crazy, but that is ultimately our goal, and I guess there is no time like the present to have her start learning how to use crutches.  
 
Even though I am not looking forward to the commute each day, I am very excited to get her back down there and see what the next two weeks will do for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment