All journal entries and pictures contained within this blog are the property of the blog author, and may not be copied, reproduced, or used for any purpose without the consent of the blog author. If you are interested in using any of the information or images contained here, please leave a comment for the blog owner with a brief description of your project, and an email address where you can be contacted.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

This Week...

Brynlee's platelets had dropped down to 26 on Thursday, which for everyone else that is pretty low, but for her on chemo it is low but not low enough for a transfusion apparently. However, we need her platelets to go up to 75 by Tuesday in order to have her chemo on Wednesday. I don't know why they didn't want to do a transfusion on Friday to help ensure her platelet counts would be high enough for chemo this week. Her other counts are good for now, so it is really just the platelets that need to get a boost.

So we are praying and hoping for a boost to her platelet counts so we can do chemo starting on Wednesday, and we are also praying for good results with her CT and MRI scans on Monday and her bone marrow aspirate on Wednesday. I don't know if we will have a nice radiologist on Monday for the scans that will show us the scans or not, but we should definitely have some information on the scans on Wednesday when we meet with the doctor, and hopefully it won't take too long to get results from the bone marrow aspirate on Wednesday, but I don't know if those results usually come in on the same day or if it takes a day or two.

Thank you as always for your prayers for Brynlee. Here is my favorite quote that I got from one of the other Utah Cancer Moms.
"When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or fight like hell." ~Lance Armstrong

And here is my favorite shirt. I bought it on clearance at the Nike outlet last spring just hoping to add a comfortable t-shirt to my collection to exercise and run in. Now the shirt has taken on a whole new meaning to me. I still can't believe I ran the Ragnar 4-1/2 months post baby.
Live strong!

1 comment:

  1. Sending hugs, prayers and thoughts your way! Good luck this week!!!

    ReplyDelete