All journal entries and pictures contained within this blog are the property of the blog author, and may not be copied, reproduced, or used for any purpose without the consent of the blog author. If you are interested in using any of the information or images contained here, please leave a comment for the blog owner with a brief description of your project, and an email address where you can be contacted.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

And yet another day in the clinic

Brynlee received a package in the mail the other day from the seminary students at Pleasant Grove High School. They were given her name and her age through HopeKids, and they created Christmas cards for her. Some of the cards were very detailed and looked like a lot of time had been spent creating them. Even though Brynlee is too young to appreciate this, it brightened my day. Thank you!


On Monday, I learned that Brynlee needed a blood transfusion, which I delayed until today (Thursday) because M had her preschool music thing and K had her school music program. I was slightly (that's an understatement) not looking forward to going into the clinic for a blood transfusion. Blood transfusions are long and well, long. It takes awhile to get the blood ready and then it takes a while longer to get the blood into Brynlee. However, I guess today was a good day to have to be in clinic. When we arrived we were given a bag full of presents for Brynlee, which included a blanket and several toys. Then while we were waiting for the doctor to come and see Brynlee, some of the Utah Jazz players and dancers stopped by and signed a ball for her and we had a photo op.


My thoughts regarding this picture are that I finally look pretty short, Brynlee didn't care to meet the Jazz, and that blonde dancer has some pretty bright hot pink lipstick. By the way, does anyone know who any of these players are? I guess I don't really know who plays for the Jazz anymore. Oh well. They seemed nice.
**I think I ID'd the players. The one on the left I think is actually a coach. The signature on the ball looks like Mike Sanders, which I confirmed is a coach. Then there is Enes Kanter and then I think it is CJ Miles. The ball looks like he signed it CJ and #34, so there we go. **
So all in all it was a 5-1/2 hour clinic visit. Brynlee has not been feeling well since her chemo, and she has a head cold, so it has been sort of a long week. Hopefully she will start feeling a little bit better and not be so tired.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like it worked out...considering! (: merry christmas to your sweet little family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray each day for your sweet Byrnlee and what a great gift I got in the mail today my Bone Marrow Test kit. I would never had thought I could do such a thing like test to see I could be a possible donor and now I will mail this off Christmas day in hope I can give a child a gift from me. Thanks for telling me about this!

    ReplyDelete