All journal entries and pictures contained within this blog are the property of the blog author, and may not be copied, reproduced, or used for any purpose without the consent of the blog author. If you are interested in using any of the information or images contained here, please leave a comment for the blog owner with a brief description of your project, and an email address where you can be contacted.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Somehow We Survived

The last couple of weeks since Brynlee's last round of chemo have been sort of rough since she hasn't been feeling great. It was a rough round of chemo with some hard-hitting drugs and then she was fighting a cold/cough on top of it. She just hasn't felt well. I also think she might have some more teeth moving around that could be coming in during the next few weeks or so. Somehow amongst all of that she managed to not get a fever, which surprised me, and she managed to only need to have a blood transfusion. We did have an enjoyable Christmas nonetheless.

I am dreading her next round of chemo, which is supposed to be next week if her platelets come up. Her platelets were critically low this last week, but she wasn't showing any critical symptoms (i.e., bruising or bleeding), so we didn't do a platelet transfusion. By Thursday we couldn't do a platelet transfusion without having to delay chemo next week (something about her having to make her own platelets to start chemo). So the hope is that her platelets can bounce back and recover by Tuesday's blood counts in order to start round 7 of chemo. I think I will have a breakdown if we don't make counts and have to delay chemo (being done with chemo can't come soon enough). The timing just works out better this week.

It's amazing how a year can start off so exciting with the birth of a new baby and end in such a rollercoaster not even knowing at times if she would make it to her first birthday. I know the first part of 2012 will be rough and full of more difficulty and uncertainty, but I am hopeful for miracles and blessings and for many new milestones for Brynlee to reach this year. Even though we have received many blessings, we continue to need many, many more for Brynlee. She still has a long battle ahead of her for both the treatment of the cancer and her physical limitations in her legs and trunk.

3 comments:

  1. Stephanie you are such a good mom! Pictures are soooooo cute! Wanted you to know that you guys are still in my prayers! I'm sorry I missed you being back in Primary for a short time but it was good to see you Christmas Day! I love your girls they are so darling! I know the Lord will bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little behind on this post, so I hope Brynlee got her platelets back up and everything will be able to go as planned. Hope she felt well for the New Year's weekend!

    ReplyDelete