All journal entries and pictures contained within this blog are the property of the blog author, and may not be copied, reproduced, or used for any purpose without the consent of the blog author. If you are interested in using any of the information or images contained here, please leave a comment for the blog owner with a brief description of your project, and an email address where you can be contacted.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's The Most Awful Time of The Year

I strongly dislike January! It is cold. There is usually nothing fun going on (no, it's too expensive to ski the greatest snow on earth, which there is none of this year). The roads are slick. The air is dry and my hands crack and bleed (Yes, because I'm so good at keeping them clean). My hair has a lot of static and is dry (as well as overdue for a cut and color, yes, I know). I could go on, but basically I am cold all - of - the - time. I just really, really dislike winter and January.

This year, on top of the January blahs I have severe anxiety. By the end of this month hopefully Brynlee will be receiving her last course of chemotherapy, round #8. I can hardly wait. Yes, that's me saying I can hardly wait for chemo. Then in February we will most likely have a crazy month. We will have all of her scans and tests (MRI, CT, MIBG, hearing test, echocardiogram, bone marrow aspirate) to see where this beasty cancer still remains in her body. Depending on the scans it will be go time for surgery "and/or" radiation. All of this should happen relatively quickly. It will most likely be a matter of how fast we can get consultations with surgeons "and/or" radiation oncologists and get it all scheduled and done with. To say that this all is consuming my thoughts a lot of the time is an understatement. We have the scans scheduled and on the calendar but then it is the big unknown of when and what will happen next that kind of drives me crazy. Not that we have been able to plan much of our lives for the last 4-1/2 months, but we really have no idea what to expect for February and March. Then I also have the anxiety of meeting with the rehab doctor and seeing what the plan is for her physical rehab and if I have to add another doctor to the "We are going to prove you wrong" list. I already have two neurologists on that list. Oy!

Speaking of physical rehabilitation, I will be honest and say that this has been a heavy weight on my shoulders. I have found myself to not be in a good place mentally many times since we learned of the news of her damaged spinal cord. I don't think I signed up for this journey! Apparently I did. 

I know this is a few weeks away, but please join us on Sunday, February 5th for fasting and prayer on behalf of Brynlee. I know, I know. It is the Super Bowl, so start Saturday night and you can be all set by kickoff. I think this will be the most opportune time as hopefully she will have finished chemo and it will be before her scans, which will determine her next course of treatment. As I said before, it all should quickly be determined after the scans. Thank you for the continued prayers for Brynlee!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! So much going on all the time. Prayers will continue your way, and of course a fast is in order. Thanks for keeping up posted.

    ReplyDelete