All journal entries and pictures contained within this blog are the property of the blog author, and may not be copied, reproduced, or used for any purpose without the consent of the blog author. If you are interested in using any of the information or images contained here, please leave a comment for the blog owner with a brief description of your project, and an email address where you can be contacted.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Messed Up!

I am usually not a forgetful person, but I feel like my mind is very foggy and heavy since Brynlee was diagnosed. I don't think I am forgetful, but I just don't think there is enough room in there for everything and to process and keep up with it all. With that being said, I just need to give a general Thank You to many people. We have received meals and just miscellaneous things from a wide variety of people since Brynlee was diagnosed. With the best intentions I tried to send thank you cards. I know that I missed at least a few. I found that sometimes in my mind I thought I had already done it because I had thought about it so much, but in reality I never did it. I also want to thank whoever the responsible party was that door ditched us on Christmas Eve and left a jar of "loose change" on our doorstep. I mentioned it on Facebook, but I guess I will just never know if whoever was responsible will get the message of thank you. It really meant a lot to me. Kaitlyn was sure that we had enough money to go to Disneyland, but I had to kindly inform her that it wasn't enough nor was it intended to be used on a trip to Disneyland. Someday Kaitlyn, someday.

Thank you to the young women that learned how to make oreo truffles and brought us some a week or so ago. They were delicious, and I would welcome oreo truffles being dropped off at my house anytime because I assure you that they will be eaten and not one truffle will go to waste.

Thank you for everyone that reads this rambling blog. It means a lot to me that people care enough to take time out of their busy lives to read it and check in and see what is going on. I have tried, although at times have not been successful, to stay positive on the blog because who wants to read a downer blog? I have also tried not to swear or use naughty language and keep it family friendly, but I cannot make any promises that this won't happen in the future, especially if I meet some more neurologists.  

So Brynlee's last (hopefully) chemo should start tomorrow, that is if her blood counts come back okay today. We didn't have a blood draw on Thursday, so I hope we aren't surprised with some number having crashed over the weekend.

Brynlee had us a little worried Saturday night when she developed a fever. It was her first fever outside of the hospital, which really is unheard of in the cancer world to go all this time without a fever. The first temp I took was 99.9 (which really you should add an additional 1 degree because it was taken under the armpit, so 100.9), but I took it an hour later and it was down to 98.4. We don't have to call unless it is at least 100.4 for an hour or 101 at anytime. I'm glad it turned out to be nothing because I really didn't feel like going to the hospital or sending her to the hospital with Blair. The hospital is boring, and besides I didn't want her chemo to get delayed.

Have a great day everyone! Truffles, seriously anytime. (Disclaimer: I do have all of the ingredients and the recipe to make the aforementioned truffles, I just have to do it).

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about you this morning so I stopped for a minute to get an update. Just want you to know we love you and pray for you!

    ReplyDelete