There were a few pictures on the camera that I hadn't posted, so here is your Brynlee fix. I realized I hadn't posted any pictures the last few posts.
This first picture is with one of the therapy dogs named Elliott. He is a labradoodle and is very big. Brynlee doesn't get as excited about Elliott as she does about Panda. In this picture we are back in the infusion area of the clinic at the hospital for day three of some chemo. I really need to get a better picture of it, so you can see how unfun it is.
Brynlee with a big smile.
M and B getting ready to head out to run some errands with mom and dad.
I decided I needed to get a picture of the Aquaguard thing we use to cover Brynlee's bandage when we give her a bath. We usually change her dressing after the bath because it is nearly impossible to get that thing on without it leaking.
I've been working with Brynlee on this little scoot around toy. Her legs are too short to reach the floor very well, but I move them for her in a pushing motion. Hopefully it is benefiting her in someway.
Great news! They have posted the Salt Lake City CureSearch Walk date. It will be on September 29, 2012, in Sugarhouse Park. We will have the opportunity to create a team and raise funds in the upcoming months, but they are also going to be looking for corporate sponsors, so if anyone has any contacts that might be interested, please let me know. I just wanted to remind you that CureSearch donates 94% of the funds raised to childhood cancer research. They support the Children's Oncology Group which is a network of doctors across the country collaborating their research for childhood cancer. Brynlee's doctors are apart of this group. All the money raised for this walk supports childhood cancer, no other kinds of cancer. The American Cancer Society only donates 1% to childhood cancer, and the ACS also claimed the other day that childhood cancer is "extremely rare." Did you know the CEO of the ACS takes in a salary of $900,000+ a year? Anyway, I could go on, but of all the walks this is the big one to us that means the most and the one we will support and try to raise funds for. More information will come, but mark your calendars.
I would love to help you raise funds!! If I an swing it, I would love to be there for the walk, too, but we will see. Loved the picture of her on the little car thing. Very cute.
ReplyDelete