We finally had Brynlee's physical therapy evaluation on Monday. I say finally because it has taken over two months to get into the rehab doctor and then the PT evaluation. However, I have to admit that both appointments were worth the wait.
The PT evaluation went okay. Our physical therapist was very nice and patient and most importantly she is onboard for our goals for Brynlee, which include crawling and walking. Brynlee, on the other hand, was an absolute stinker. She did not want to cooperate at all, and she cried anytime the therapist tried interacting with her or when I would move her at all. I think that she has had such a long break from not seeing all of these strangers, and maybe she has started developing a little bit of separation anxiety. She has done so well throughout all of this and been so sweet with all of the nurses and doctors and therapists, so I was surprised that she reacted this way. Hopefully Brynlee will be in a better mood when we start our actual therapy sessions in two weeks.
If someone would have told me a year ago that I was going to be a nurse and a physical therapist I would have told them that they are crazy, but I am realizing more and more that I am exactly those things. Brynlee's therapy relies heavily on home therapy. In fact, we have to commit to working with her at home or else they won't continue to see us. It is going to take a lot of time and effort to get these muscles going and we have to engage her muscles several times a day to get results. Sometimes it feels like taking care of Brynlee is more than a full-time job. It is very time consuming, but I am grateful that I am home and can try and dedicate that time to help her. Wish me luck! My plate is full, but having a full plate is really a blessing. We have a lot going on in addition to our Brynlee stuff, but you'll have to talk to me if you want to know more because I won't be blogging about it, at least not for awhile.
Here are some pictures of Brynlee from the past month or so. I wish I had a camera that could better capture the fuzz of hair growing in on her head. I'm loving her fuzzy head and hope it lasts.
Some new shoes.
Having some peas.
Crashed.
Some smiles for the camera.
Can you see the fuzz?
i can see the fuzz! what a sweet little face. i can't wait to see how she progresses with therapy.
ReplyDelete