Last Friday night we had the opportunity to attend Dream Night at the Hogle Zoo through HopeKids. Our girls had so much fun! We were fed dinner, and they had face painting, tattoos, and the normal zoo stuff. Brynlee loved seeing the animals. Her favorite animal still seems to be the giraffes. We even ran into a few of our cancer-fighting friends.
Tuesday we had the special opportunity to be the recipients of a Giving Tree. The money for our Giving Tree was raised by some local teenage girls who came to deliver our tree. Words often fail me when I try to express my gratitude for the kind acts of others and for the generosity that has been displayed to our family, so all I can simply say is Thank You!
For the history of the Giving Tree, go here. I hope I can be like these individuals someday. I am trying to formulate in my mind some ideas on how we can pay the tree forward and hope I can get started on it soon.
The Accutane treatment for Brynlee so far has been going well. I really do not like giving her the Accutane. I guess anytime you give your child something that can cause serious side effects and you have to sign away your life that you understand how dangerous it can be, you tend to worry. Ah, the necessary evils we go through. Brynlee's skin has been dry and peeling a little bit and her lips have been chapped, so we slather the lotion on at least daily and put some chapstick on several times a day. The Accutane comes in a capsule, so we have been poking a hole in it and pushing out the pasty medicine into some applesauce. So far it has been working, and Brynlee hasn't really given us any trouble with taking it. It does cause severe sun sensitivity, so between the Accutane and her Septra (which also causes sun sensitivity) we have to be extra careful with Brynlee in the sun as she can burn a lot faster and have worse sunburns than we would; however, we are still bound and determined to have a fun summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment