All journal entries and pictures contained within this blog are the property of the blog author, and may not be copied, reproduced, or used for any purpose without the consent of the blog author. If you are interested in using any of the information or images contained here, please leave a comment for the blog owner with a brief description of your project, and an email address where you can be contacted.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thoughts on the Wheelchair

We picked up Brynlee's wheelchair today. It is exciting in some ways. I am glad that she has the ability to get around and be a little bit independent, but if you want to know how I really feel...

I still hate it! I still hate that I have to put my child in a wheelchair. I still hate that I have three sets of stairs in our split-level house and that our house is probably one of the most wheelchair-unfriendly houses you can possibly have. That's how I really feel. My heart just sank when I got it home. 

Time hasn't healed, or at least it hasn't for me, but life is still good even among this difficult circumstance.  

On a happier note, Brynlee loves her wheelie. It really is a dark purple color and not blue like it looks in the picture. The light purple color that she had originally picked out was no longer available (thank goodness!), so I picked this dark purple. I believe it is called Electric Plum or something like that. It is very lightweight, so at least I can physically carry it in and out of our house and in and out of the car without too much trouble.


1 comment: