Brynlee is 9 months old today! I typically don't celebrate each month milestone, but I think given the circumstances we deserve to note the occasion.
Brynlee has now been under treatment for cancer for 22% of her short life. In those past two months she has roughly spent 23 days in the hospital, 14 of which were in the PICU, had 24 x-rays, 4 MRIs, 4 CT scans, 4 Doppler ultrasounds, 1 EKG, 2 Nuclear scans, 2 spinal taps, 2 blood transfusions, 1 platelet transfusion, 1 bone marrow aspirate, 2 trips to the OR, 2 intubations, 1 EEG, 2 bronchoscopies, 3 rounds of chemotherapy, and countless shots and who knows how many doses of sedatives and narcotics - and this is all pretty low in numbers compared to a lot of cancer kids.
I took a picture of Brynlee - look at her sitting up by herself! The hair at the top front is really about all that's left. I should probably trim it or cut it off.
Then M had to be in the picture with her.
And then after K got home from school and she saw the pictures and had to be in one too.
Happy 9 month birthday Brynlee! That's so wonderful she is sitting up and the smile makes it even cuter :) I'm so glad you started this blog Steph so we can see how she is progressing. It looks like she is doing really well and I hope and pray that you are too.
ReplyDeleteI don't know why I'm soo emotional seeing her today! She has been through so much in her 9 months of life. I'm so glad to see her sitting up and strong. I like the hair on top of her head, I think it's cute. The girls are all so adorable, I love seeing pictures of them all together. Also, I really appreciate all the info about where we can donate our time, money, and energy. It gives us something to think about when we decide who to donate to. It's true that unless you are going through it yourself you don't really have good information, so Thank You for keeping us informed;) Love you guys!!
ReplyDelete