Not a very original title for this post, but we spent another day in the clinic today. Actually it was a much shorter stay, just under three hours.
So Brynlee's platelet counts were low from yesterday's blood draw so we had the fine opportunity to go back to the clinic today for a platelet transfusion. They can push the platelets through much quicker and they don't have to test the blood beforehand to make sure that her blood and the donor's blood play nice, so it is a much quicker process. We met Dr. Fifi today (I don't know the spelling). Dr. Fifi has a French accent and so that was my chuckle for the day. You probably had to be there, but if you met this lady and heard her talk you would probably find it amusing as well.
Tomorrow is her MRI, so that will be a long day since they have to sedate her, and we have to go all the way to the Riverton outpatient clinic since they were able to get us in sooner than the actual hospital would have been able to. I am not complaining nor will I ever because every time I go to that hospital I see people dealing with a lot more than we are. I met a lady today who has twin girls both with Down Syndrome. The one girl has also had cancer for the last year or so and the other girl was diagnosed with cancer today. Can you imagine? Twins, Down syndrome, and cancer??? And she has five other children on top of that. I don't know the details of the cancer or if is something genetic or what as we briefly talked, but she said she was going to hire a part-time nanny and I think she deserves to.
Next time I think to complain, I will remember twins, downs and cancer. Oh my gosh!! That poor woman. Hope the MRI goes well. You all are still in our prayers!
ReplyDelete