We finished up the third day of chemo on Friday in the clinic. I would like to say we had a great experience in the clinic, but we had a rough day due to a staff member who can't seem to do their job. At least I am quickly learning how things work so that next time I can speak up and make sure things are being done.
So far Brynlee is doing well. They gave us some Zofran this time to help with any nausea, and I think that is probably helping, either that or the chemo meds she received this time weren't as nausea inducing.
When we were in the clinic on Friday the PA gave Brynlee a balloon,which she loved. I realized that I hadn't taken a picture of Brynlee in a few weeks, so I took a few with her balloon.
Ever since Brynlee was extubated she has been shoving her blankets in her mouth. We decided it was her way of rebelling and not letting anyone shove a tube down her throat again, but she often stuffs it in her mouth to help her go to sleep. Who needs a pacifier when you have a blanket?
I am always surprised by the way Brynlee handles things. She just seems to bounce back so quickly, which all of the nurses told us she would when this started. She just seems to have almost a maturity to her when dealing with all of this, and we have been so blessed by the way she has responded to the treatment and how well she handles it all. Don't get me wrong, cancer sucks! Did you know there is a cancer sucks website? And I saw it in vinyl lettering on the back of a car one day on the way to the hospital. I have much to be grateful for even though this diagnosis sucks; it could be a whole lot worse.
I love the positive spin on this. And BTW, the last post about people telling you her hair will grow back an it doesn't make you feel better gave me a chuckle. Her hair is the least of the worries at this point!! I'm so glad things seem to be going in the right direction. YEAH!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI had to delete my comment because I've been changing some things on computer and it didn't tell you it was from me!! Sorry.
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful!! She is sitting up very well too. I am so glad this round wasn't as bad. She's a fighter!! We are looking forward to seeing the girls this week!! Love ya!
She is so adorable! I love her beautiful eyes! I'm always amazed how kids bounce back so quickly and are happy even if they're uncomfortable. Glad she's doing well.
ReplyDelete