All journal entries and pictures contained within this blog are the property of the blog author, and may not be copied, reproduced, or used for any purpose without the consent of the blog author. If you are interested in using any of the information or images contained here, please leave a comment for the blog owner with a brief description of your project, and an email address where you can be contacted.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Magic Wand

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just wave a magic wand and make all of this mess go away?

I hate cancer! There is no other way to say it. I find myself having "moments" as I call them where the tears and the worries come for no particular reason. I think about our life before cancer sometimes, and I miss the wonderful life I used to have. I still have a great life that is very blessed, but it is different and forever changed. Cancer sucks!

We missed General Conference this time because we were still on the cruise and travelling back from the cruise, but I watched one talk Sunday night because my cancer mom friends were all a buzz about the talk by Elder Rasband. You can read it here: http://www.lds.org/general-conference/print/2012/04/special-lessons?lang=eng
My favorite quote: "If you come upon a person who is drowning, would you ask if they need help—or would it be better to just jump in and save them from the deepening waters? The offer, while well meaning and often given, “Let me know if I can help” is really no help at all." Something I need to work on as well.
On a final note, Brynlee has started to eat some sweets and treats. She has been having bites of ice cream and loves it (the cold used to be too much), and she loves the M&M's as you can see in this picture. Now if I could only get her to drink something besides milk...

2 comments:

  1. i HATE cancer too! and i liked that talk as well. i find myself saying that all the time..."let me know if i can help". guess i better try harder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, you are my faithful blog reader. Thank you! I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete