All journal entries and pictures contained within this blog are the property of the blog author, and may not be copied, reproduced, or used for any purpose without the consent of the blog author. If you are interested in using any of the information or images contained here, please leave a comment for the blog owner with a brief description of your project, and an email address where you can be contacted.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Therapy - Time To Try Again

We had regular therapy today, and things went somewhat better. Brynlee didn't cry as much, and she was pretty agreeable to everything until about the last 10 minutes when she decided she was done. The therapist is even going to consider moving her back to weekly therapy after our next session in two weeks if that goes well.

Today we mostly spent time working in the quad position or crawling position, and we also spent quite a bit of time with the e-stim on her legs. Brynlee responded really well to the e-stim today, and her muscles reacted as they should, and it even surprised her a few times and she would laugh at her leg going crazy, and the PT said it appeared that she was resisting, which is good. The PT still thinks that she can't feel much because she had the machine turned up pretty high. I am still maintaining the belief that while I know Brynlee's sensation in her legs must be somewhat diminished, I still think she just has a higher tolerance to stuff. My reasoning is that she has been through a lot, and she has tolerated everything remarkably well. She always amazes the nurses and techs at how relaxed she is, so while I do think it's diminished, I am still holding onto the high tolerance theory. The PT is going to get an official prescription from our rehab doctor for an at-home e-stim device, and we should be able to have that going by our next appointment. Lastly, we tried walking on the treadmill for a few minutes, but Brynlee wasn't too thrilled about the therapist helping her do that, so next time she said we would put her in a harness and try it again. Overall, it felt like a pretty successful appointment, and I feel like my prayers were answered. 

Up next, more hippotherapy (horseback riding) later this week. Yeehaw! Then we get to start scans bright and early Monday morning. Seriously, I have to be at the hospital at 6 a.m.!!! Hoping and praying for the best news possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment