Today we headed out before the sun was up (5 a.m.) for Brynlee's MRI scan. Everything went well, for the most part. She was awfully cranky and really fought the sedation medicine today and did not want to go to sleep. The medicine that they gave her, Precedex, usually takes 10 minutes to go to sleep. Well, she went beyond that a few minutes. Usually she does take the entire 10 minutes to go to sleep, but this time she was kind of violent, so I finally put her on the MRI bed instead of holding her, and she finally settled down.
I was happy that she didn't freak out when we got to the hospital or to the sedation area of the imaging department. Given her therapy experiences recently, I wasn't sure if she was going to be fiesty, but she wasn't. She was good for all of the nurses and the nurse practitioner and only got upset when we tried to have her fall asleep and then again when we tried to wake her up. Usually I can get her to wake up pretty easily after sedation, but today she did not want to wake up, so the nurse finally went and got a popcicle and we rubbed it on her lips a little bit and then she was wide awake and not very happy with us. She settled right down when I fed her a bottle.
Our two-month break from PCMC was way too short. I have not missed going there one single bit! At least this time we only have three days of scans and tests instead of the five days that we had the last time.
Oh, and I forgot to mention that our session of hippotherapy last week went great again. She always gets to ride the biggest and prettiest horses, and she only got upset when the horse did that sneezing sound that they make, which if you know Brynlee, she doesn't like it when anyone coughs or sneezes or blows their nose, so this wasn't a surprise.
Oh, and I forgot to mention that our session of hippotherapy last week went great again. She always gets to ride the biggest and prettiest horses, and she only got upset when the horse did that sneezing sound that they make, which if you know Brynlee, she doesn't like it when anyone coughs or sneezes or blows their nose, so this wasn't a surprise.
No comments:
Post a Comment