All journal entries and pictures contained within this blog are the property of the blog author, and may not be copied, reproduced, or used for any purpose without the consent of the blog author. If you are interested in using any of the information or images contained here, please leave a comment for the blog owner with a brief description of your project, and an email address where you can be contacted.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

It's Off to Church We Go...

We took Brynlee to church today for the first time in approximately six months. She only stayed for the first hour, but it was exciting (at least to me) to have us all at church together, even if it was only for an hour. One of the reasons we have not taken Brynlee to church is because of her compromised immune system. Chemotherapy basically kills your immune system. Along with all of the cancer cells that the chemo kills, it also kills the good cells that you need too, so we have tried to be careful about when and where we take Brynlee places and have limited who comes to our house. Church is essentially one of the worst places to take someone when they have no immune system. The reason (this is how my pediatrician explained it to me when she was born) is that you are in tight quarters usually with the doors closed for three hours (at least at our church), and a lot of us still go to church even if we have a cold. Anyway, we figured that taking her to Sacrament Meeting where it is a large open room wouldn't be any worse than say anything that she was exposed to this week with all of those scans and waiting rooms and recovery rooms at the hospital. Usually I will decide whether or not to take her out based on her blood counts. I didn't exactly know what they were today, but I knew that they were super high two weeks ago and that they were still good on Monday, so we gave it a go.  

One of the problems with not taking your child anywhere that requires them to wear a dress for six months is that you quickly realize when you go to dress them that they have nothing to wear. You would think that with Brynlee being my third girl I would have plenty of dresses lying around, but finding one that fit was a bigger challenge than I anticipated. I thought for sure I had at least three that would work, but they ended up not fitting very well. She also only had 0-6 month tights to wear. We got the tights on, but she was low riding them pretty well and luckily had a onesie on to help keep them in place. I guess that is something that I will have to figure out before we take her to church again.

So patiently we are waiting to hear from the doctors. I know that the earliest I could hear anything would be Tuesday since Monday is a holiday, and I know that just because I am so anxious to hear what they want to do that I probably won't know anything this week, which would absolutely frustrate me, so good positive distractions are welcome and I hope I can have some good distractions this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment