Today was the big MIBG scan. Things today went relatively okay. They used the same sedation medicine that they used for the MRI last Friday, so I have been worried that Brynlee would be a bit cranky, but she is doing well so far. The only problem we had was with her blood pressure. It dropped to the lowest point that I have ever seen it. They tried pushing fluids through, but it didn't seem to help. However, those blood pressure cuffs and machines never seem to be quite accurate. As soon as Brynlee woke up from the sedation, her blood pressure returned to normal. I'm hoping we can use a different drug for tomorrow.
The nuclear med guys gave Brynlee a "prize" today. It is the bunny that she is sitting with. I think most people who meet and take care of Brynlee just love her. She is usually such a calm little girl, and everyone always comments on her eyes. The nuclear med guy said that Brynlee is one of his favorites (I'm sure he has a lot of favorites) and that he couldn't believe how big she is getting (he hadn't seen her since September).
Tomorrow will be the bone scan, and hopefully this will be the last scan for awhile.
Looks like it was a better day than yesterday. She does have really beautiful eyes. I still want to see you wearing a matching outfit like Brynlee had to wear yesterday...
ReplyDeleteNo, I think it would mean so much more to her to have her uncle Brad wear a matching dress. Just have Karri sew you up a little something. You know you want to.
DeleteI think you have the cross-dressing tendencies confused with our other brother...
DeleteWhen I first saw that outfit, I thought it was unusual that her mom would dress her in that skirt. Then I read the story. Maybe we should all have an outfit like that for the walk. I really love those blue eyes & her smile--especially through all she has endured the past 6 months. I'm so looking forward to seeing her tomorrow. (Brad, I remember you dressed as Barbie one Halloween.)
ReplyDeleteMom/Grandma
Ouch Brad! Looks like Mom settled the debate. Suit up! Or should I say dress up!
DeleteHer eyes are to die for!! I have a few pics of her on my phone from the last time I was down and everyone just gushes about how beautiful she is, "and those eyes!!!" she sure is a trooper! Hey BTW, I think your mom may be on to something, as I recall, I think we have evidence that Blair wore something like...a tutu and purple dance leotard. I think we might have the outfits figured out for the guys for the walk. What do you think?! Haha!
ReplyDeleteDo you visual evidence of this leotard/tutu getup?
DeleteIn all seriousness, I am considering figuring out getting some t-shirts printed for the walk. Maybe we could incorporate the nasty dress into print on the shirt. Ha! Ha! No, I'm not serious about that part. I should burn the dress.