And I'm exhausted...
I didn't sleep very well last night. I had so much on my mind, and I was nervous making sure that someone woke up at 4:30 to feed Brynlee, and I tossed and turned and then tossed and turned some more after Blair fed her.
So today Brynlee had her MRI and CT scans and then a hearing test. She has to be sedated for the scans because she has to hold completely still, so we couldn't feed her after 5 a.m. this morning. She did okay until right before I left to go to the hospital at 10 when she started getting fussy. Otherwise, she was very pleasant and you would have never known that she was starving. Luckily the medicine that they gave her sedated her for the entire MRI and CT scans and even kept her asleep for her hearing test. I was glad that we didn't have to give any extra sedation.
Waiting for sedation and scans.
Sedated and getting all set up in the MRI.
We won't know anything about the MRI and CT scan until Monday; however, Brynlee's hearing test went exceptionally well, and she sailed through it beautifully. Her hearing doesn't appear to have suffered any damage at this point, but unfortunately chemo can cause damage years down the road, so the audiologist recommended having a hearing check every 6 months. She won't necessarily need the extensive one that she had today, but she will need to have something to monitor things. This is my new life by the way and Brynlee's only life she will ever know. Scans and tests every 3-6 months (at least initially) for the rest of her life.
this is certainly a lot to bear! i think and pray for you and your family every day.
ReplyDelete