All journal entries and pictures contained within this blog are the property of the blog author, and may not be copied, reproduced, or used for any purpose without the consent of the blog author. If you are interested in using any of the information or images contained here, please leave a comment for the blog owner with a brief description of your project, and an email address where you can be contacted.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Scans/Tests Day #5

And we are done...for now.

Today was Brynlee's bone scan. I arrived at noon and one of the nuclear medicine guys came and got Brynlee so they could inject whatever it is that they inject for the bone scan. Then we were off to sedation where we waited until it was time for the scan. I asked them to use a different sedation drug today, and her blood pressure was much better. In fact, all of her vital signs today during sedation were good. However, they had to put a catheter in to empty her bladder because it was quite full. Thankfully she was fully sedated and out of it and doesn't know anything about it.

The highlight of the day was while in recovery we were fortunate to be entertained by a teenage boy who was still pretty high from the ketamine they used to sedate him. Ketamine must be a trip because that was one of the drugs that Brynlee was on the other day when she had her CT scan and she was just jabbering away. Anyway, I don't know who was funnier, this kid or his parents laughing at him. Let's just say that it was entertaining to watch him and his parents and I hope they didn't mind me chuckling in my corner while I watched and listened to all that was going on.

I don't know how long it will be until I hear anything from Dr. B. I'm hoping by next week we will have some sort of a plan. Until then, we will try to keep busy not thinking too much about it all. 

1 comment:

  1. We think of you often. You are in our prayers. You know where we are if you need us! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete