We had the big appointment with the physical rehabilitation doctor, Dr. Aga Lewelt, today. I went into the appointment being skeptical that we were going to have some negative news given to us. I quickly realized that I wasn't dealing with the negative neurologists.
Dr. L had nothing but positive things to say about Brynlee. I don't think that I necessarily need to go into too many specifics, and I don't know that I could remember all of the specifics, but she gave us a lot of hope and every reason to believe that Brynlee has the potential to keep improving physically, including some form of walking.
We are going to start outpatient physical therapy, and Dr. L wants us to try electrical stimulation if she tolerates it and the supported treadmill walking and pretty much told us that whatever we want to try she will prescribe for us. We have about two months until Brynlee will be scanned again and potentially have more treatments, so hopefully we can take advantage of this time when Brynlee should be feeling pretty good and get some mobility and more strength. We will follow up with Dr. L in three months to reevaluate.
No comments:
Post a Comment